View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport iDrive 8s
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sted View Post
The day after I received redelivery of my ED, someone "tapped" my parked car from behind. The result is a paint chip about a quarter-inch long and very thin, but it goes down to the black plastic and the car is mineral white metallic. Some chrome is knocked off the (Luxury) decorative strip. Maybe it's no big deal but I want the car to be perfect for at least a couple of months. It seems the strip can be replaced without removing the bumper cover. Do I simply reach underneath and remove clips holding it on, or is it more involved than that? I haven't ordered a new strip yet. From reading the forum here, it seems like Dr. Colorchip is the way to go for the paint. I will post some before and after photos. Thanks for any advice.
Easy to pull off strip - just do it gradually. You can also do an carbon fibre overlay. I ordered one from Bimmian.com on a whim; and surprised how it turned out. It was very inexpensive and eary to install, though easier with strip off car. The look is subtle, but nice and not cheap looking. It also compliments BMW real carbon fibre spoiler