View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shicobico View Post
I'll be very honest. I have not, but bear with me here ... for a lease payment, does it matter?

If all that is important to me is miles/year and a competitive monthly payment, how ever way they chop it up to get to the magic number is secondary. I recognize that I have probably just offended a lot of people who work very hard and diligently to crunch the numbers. I'm not that smart. That is exactly why I am here, asking the smarter guys on here to chime in.

Does the final payment pass the sniff test?
It matters immensely. If you want a good final number you need to do the math. You need to go to the Ask a Dealer forum and make yourself an educated consumer. Everything you need to know about leases is there for the learning, even an easily understandable explanation of how to calculate a lease by hand.

You need to understand the importance of the actual selling price, the money factor/interest rate and whether or not it is marked up, how to convert the money factor into an interest rate, security deposits and how multiple security deposits can be used to get a lower money factor, the acquisition fee and whether it has been marked up, why it is better to make a zero (or very small) down payment/capital cost reduction, etc.

I don't mean to sound real rude, but saying you're not smart doesn't make me (or just about anyone on Bimmerfest) want to do your homework for you. Getting a good lease deal requires exercising your intellect. There's no way around it.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 11-18-2012 at 12:03 PM.