Thread: 91k for a 550?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
We can talk via PM, but I can give you a general answer here. As a person born and raised in the northeast I can tell you that South Florida feels strange at times. The people are different and the cultural norms are different. I vastly prefer the northeast especially the DC metro area (my favorite areas are Tysons Corner, Reston, Potomac, Georgetowne, Bethesda and Chevy Chase). There is an obvious lack of cultural activities in South Florida and coming from the DC metro area it is painfully obvious. What is great about South Florida is the weather. Nothing like seeing the beach and the ocean every single day. It is very peaceful living in South Florida compared to the often stressful atmosphere of the the DC metro area. Unless you are in Miami (if so talk to Stealth Pilot) commuting down here is easy. DC commuting is horrible and seems to have gotten worse since I moved. As for cars you are not giving up anything down here. We have every possible car dealership you can imagine. I am 10 minutes from every exotic make sold in the USA and regularly see exotic cars on my way to work. Lambo/Ferrari/Rolls/Bentley/Aston Martin and more are all on one road in West Palm Beach much like the string of dealers in Tysons and Sterling.

As I said in a previous post, I have this push pull dynamic with the DC metro area and part of me really wants to move back. However, I do not want to give up the weather as I have become spoiled rotten by this great weather and beautiful ocean views. Many people tell me I would be a perfect candidate for living in the LA metro area or San Francisco area as it seems to give a perfect blend of what is best about DC and South Florida. What I end up doing remains to be seen....

I was in the NE until my teens and then to South Fl. Have lived in many places since, including CA and now Texas. The way I describe SoFla s to compare it to a fungus... It grows on you!