View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 410K
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcsteve View Post
you either have the strength of a 2 year old or you are doing something wrong. the speaker grills just pull up. the gaskets can get "stuck" slightly from the sun, but the covers still pull up relatively easy.

removing the rear shelf will be a waste of time and help you in NO WAY. the screws HAVE to be removed from the top. the only way to do that is to pull up those covers.

those speakers are stock premium sound speakers, they are not aftermarket in any way. don't listen to anyone who tells you to remove the shelf or that they may be aftermarket.
Please. I'm a carpenter. Just installed a solid core slab door today, fortunately interior, only 1 3/8 thick and 30 wide but sucker was heavy.

Get on a plane and come do it for me. Or at least post pics of your speakers. There are two kinds.

I have several small pry bars, about 6, 8, and 10 inches long. A couple of times I was surprised that I wasn't pulling screws out of the hardboard or whatever the shelf is made of, so hard was I pulling. I'm about to break them out. I could patch it up.

I might go buy some anti-freeze at Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, I like the parts guy, he might be able to break the logjam of my ignorance.

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking imagine themselves ideally suited for the world as it ought to be. - anon

Last edited by cmac2012; 11-18-2012 at 11:36 PM.