View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E39 ///M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
I will never buy another vehicle with a panoramic roof that operates like the one in our X3. My wife has a pano roof in her MCS (same company) and hers never has all the problems ours has.

My biggest beef is the oscillation that is created at speeds over 70 mph. The glass either rattles so much you wait for it to shatter or the other fun one is when it creates a vacuum pressure that hurts your ears unless you crack another window. I could do a 100 mph plus in any of my other cars: Porsche, RX-7, GTI rabbitt, etc..... and NEVER did they make all the fuss the pano in the X3 makes. It becomes pretty much unusable at highway speeds.

They dont need a recall they need a design change. Of course it does the same thing in the new X3, I checked.
Have you tried applying felt pads to the open/close points to reduce rattle? I did this on mine, and I never have a rattle on the highway (knock on wood) I saw a post somewhere on here with pdf instructions on applying the felt pads.

On another note;
I started to notice my pano roof starting to leak on the rear. I should've taken a picture when I saw it and will next time. Its clearly a seal/drain issue but the roof works flawlessly.
Tuning Tech Tune by Frank Smith (http://www.tuningtechfs.com/)
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
Supersprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

2006 X3 3.0i M-Sport | Silver Grey | Terracotta | AT | Navigation | Premium Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | AFE |