Thread: On the Turandot
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 AM
First ED 9/17 650i vert

Mein Auto: 2013 650i vert ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by irianjim View Post
Well, eighteen weeks after ordering and seven weeks and two days after drop off in Munich, I finally have my 335i vert here at home. It arrived no worse for wear, and with the European tags intact. I picked it up from the dealer on Saturday and have spent the time since that trying to get familiar with it. Was able to take it out today for a drive with the top down as weather was cooperating.

It is an amazing drive. I still have to put some more miles on it so I can open it up past 4500 rpm's, but it pulls strong and is wonderful to drive. I can't wait to open it up. I love the ride and the handling as well as the power. I know people love to do the mods, but as of now bone stock seems plenty good for me. Right now, I don't see any reason to change a thing. I am going to enjoy what is left of the good weather this week.

The European delivery part and service was great. I really enjoyed that part. However, the local dealer experience left a bit to be desired.

Thanks to all for the support on this thread and here's hoping that the last car finds it way home soon!
Congrats on finally getting your car, looks great. Im in the same camp as you, I really like to get the car the way I want it and then leave it that way - it's just personal preference (or perhaps my age :-) I did all of my mods in my teens and 20's :-)

The ED experience in Germany is so incredible. It's a shame that the dealer side things seem to fall apart for so many of us.

2013 650i Individual Convertible (ED)
2011 328i Convertible (retired)
2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)