Thread: On the Turandot
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M3, 1993 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by irianjim View Post
Well, eighteen weeks after ordering and seven weeks and two days after drop off in Munich, I finally have my 335i vert here at home. It arrived no worse for wear, and with the European tags intact. I picked it up from the dealer on Saturday and have spent the time since that trying to get familiar with it. Was able to take it out today for a drive with the top down as weather was cooperating.

It is an amazing drive. I still have to put some more miles on it so I can open it up past 4500 rpm's, but it pulls strong and is wonderful to drive. I can't wait to open it up. I love the ride and the handling as well as the power. I know people love to do the mods, but as of now bone stock seems plenty good for me. Right now, I don't see any reason to change a thing. I am going to enjoy what is left of the good weather this week.

The European delivery part and service was great. I really enjoyed that part. However, the local dealer experience left a bit to be desired.

Thanks to all for the support on this thread and here's hoping that the last car finds it way home soon!
Congratulations, it looks beautiful! I love my M3, but I really did love my 335 too. It is a great car with a lot of punch - part of me misses having all that torque!

I agree on the mods - I've done a few so far, but only BMW OEM stuff. But I'm sure I'll get the itch soon enough.

Enjoy it - I'm jealous of the top down weather too!