View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to HULKED
Mein Auto: BMW 650i Cab
650i 06 idling too low

Hi
I'm having an idling issue on my car......on cold start up it idles at 1100 rpm for @ a minute or 2, then drops down to 700 rpm for @ 4 minutes which at this stage it has a smooth & equal idle from the exhaust, after this it drops down to 550 rpm - rough idle & sounds like each bank has a cylinder misfire. I have done the vent valves (2 x diaphragms), check for any air leaks, had full system software updated, airflow meter (maf) has been checked,vavletronics settings been chanced from .3 to .8mm, spark plugs & coils are all good, there are no errors codes and no lights that appear on dash. Had my car by few BMW agents and they are unable to find any fault??? I have also been to a dealership that has same car as mine on sale & i done same idling test and it also started up at 1100 rpm(cold start) and when going down to the 700 rpm range.......it stayed on 700 rpm - with a smooth idle?? I'm suspecting software issue?? BTW I have been through the forum and haven't found no answers. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction, this would be appreciated.

Last edited by HULKED; 11-23-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Ads by Google