View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
Funny you say that. The wife is looking for an SUV and I said well maybe we ll trade my 535i and I will take the 335d since I drive 30k miles a year. She said you won't like it. You are much happier now that you drive 5's instead of 3's. I now realize that she is correct. After 3 years of driving 5's I have become spoiled by the bigger and more comfortable car. So I understand why you want back into a 5 series. A 550i will hit the sweet spot for you and give you the same or better power than your 335i.
I'm in the opposite situation. I thought I had left the 3 series behind me after owning three of them in the prior millenium. The E39 and E60 provided a significant upgrade in quality feel without giving up much if anything as drivers cars. Now when I'm back in a 3 I doubt I will go back to a car of the F10's size again. If the F80 M3 and Pajun proves to be disappointing ( which I highly doubt ) I will likely aim for a 911 rather than settle for a larger car. I want quality while plush comfort and gadgets as HUD, Comfort access, Lane departure warning, massage seats, acc etc matters little to none.

Last edited by solstice; 11-19-2012 at 10:55 AM.