View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 Ex Cop 530d Touring
Hi,

As the owner of a non electric steering column, i've not run out into the street each day on my knees looking up at the sky screaming 'why why' !

Would you really reject a car based on the fact the electric steering column isn't working? Don't get me wrong, I know there's plenty of owners who want absolutely everything working and you may well be one of those guys! It could be something relatively simple as to why it isn't working, and I think it's 'related' to the side view mirror dip on reverse gear selection - from vague recollection of similar posts. It could be relatively pricey if the little motors have packed up etc, so until it can be looked at no one will really know how much to quote for it.

Number of owners logically has very little bearing on a car - it's all psychological, with the tendency being that the more owners it's had the 'assumption' its a bad car. The truth is, the car should be looked at in it's present condition and assessed on that, rather than number of previous owners - I've seen one owner cars you probably wouldn't want to get into being potential death traps, and other 6 owner cars which look like they've recently rolled off the production line!

It sounds like a good car, most of the stuff is easily fixable etc, tyres you need to change on any car really as a consumable item, and you can always look into the steering adjustment issue later if you *really* need it so much !

Topaz, slightly lowered and on some nice 19's and well detailed will look stunning

Cheers, Dennis!