View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Ok, I learned something very interesting today. BMW gets backlogged when a ship comes into port loaded. They then like to blame WWL and customs. I talked to a bunch of different people today in customs, at WWL and then at the NJ ED office. And this is what I learned. My vehicle is through customs and all paperwork is done on the WWL end. The vehicle has not been "picked up" yet by BMW with the paperwork on their end which basically releases final payment to WWL. This pickup according to the ED office in New Jersey is "The vehicle is still in customs and can take 3-5 days to be released to the VPC." That is their default answer. On the WWL end the moment the details about the actual situation became clear, a supervisor told the woman helping me to let me know that only BMW can give me any answers at this point as they are the "customer." But of course I had already been given the information I wanted. Customs has indeed cleared the vehicle. Once a Liner release is made the vehicle is ready for "pickup" pending final payment/paperwork.

Hope this helps some people. However, pre-thanksgiving delivery...not gonna happen.