Thread: On the Turandot
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinaNYC View Post
So i found out today my car that was discharged on Nov 3 is still at the port waiting to clear customs. The dealership is so useless i had to call WnW myself to track this info down. This is also my first bmw and the experience is horrible. No one can give me answers and now i have no idea what to do or when i'm getting my car.
It sucks but sometimes it happens, DHS or DoA wants to do a visual inspection of the car so it takes longer to clear customs. Mine last year took a week and a half, this time it cleared customs in a day.

By reading other's experiences it can be as quickly as a day to as long as a month. Unfortunately US Customs doesn't care much about us going crazy waiting for your cars.

If you don't get any feedback from your dealer, you can check the WW tracking website with your VIN number and look for the 'delivered from' line entry (which I think means the car cleared customs and is on route to VPC).

You can also email BMW ED dept for periodic updates too. The email is up earlier in this thread.

Good Luck, we all share your pain! (well except those lucky dogs whose car was redelivered ).