View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm12 View Post
You should buy her a Miata.
Anybody actually a former Miata owner or consider one, or otherwise willing to post something >1 line with some thought behind it?

Let me elaborate. I upgraded my 2003 Mazda 6 sedan to an F30 because I wanted a car capable of seating 5, with sports car power and handling, a manual transmission and rear-wheel drive, leather seating, and most of the nifty new features on modern cars. Do some digging and you'll find that's a really difficult combination, pretty much limited to luxury sedans nowadays as most non "muscle" sports cars have gone front-drive or AWD for the mainstream and have started dropping the manual transmission option from the highest-end trims.

The roadster debacle is a little different though. The Miata and the Z4 are somewhat similar on a sheet of paper. Both rear-drive, both available with manuals, both power hardtops, both available with leather and the creature comforts. Even the low end 28 Z4 is more powerful, but I'm willing to bet the Miata outhandles the Z4.

I'll go drive them...but I hoped to hear from someone who had already been there. I can't possibly be the only person who has been through this thought process.