View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 50i M Sport Mperf
2013 X5 or X6 50i guys. What is your MPG?

For the 2012/2013 X5 or X6 50i guys/gals:
Just curious because I have a few buddies on and off the boards with M Performance X5's and X6 50i's that are getting some aweful MPG including myself. I understand that if I was interested in MPG I shouldve bought a 6 cylinder or diesel, or heck I shoudlve looked into Prius. LOL So, just for the record I am a performance junky and willing to accept the fact that I am going to get completely horrible MPG. But, when I thought it would be horrible I had no idea to the extent of how horrible it would be.

What I need from you guys is to give me some MPG figures that you guys have been getting mostly city miles in your 50i big motor X's. Thanks fellas.

I am averaging 9.6 MPG's after the first two fill ups. This is with 95% city driving in and out of traffic on the long island expressway. With about 3 three gear full rpm blasts up to 80mph or so per tankful. The rest is completely casual (non spirited driving).

I am only getting around 190 to 220 miles to the entire tank on a fill up. (this is not by any electronic metering, this is done by me calculating the fill up gallons at the gas station divided by miles driven. The gas mileage is so bad that after a fill up I can literally WATCH the needle go down as I drive. I actually noticed this on my first drive back from the dealer with the car and I thought it was odd. But I attributed it to maybe them not giving me a full tank. Oh lord was I wrong. I am almost about to say this is not acceptable but I wont because its aperformance car and thats what I paid for. For comparison, my old 2002 4.6is would get about 315 miles to every fill up and this was with stop light to stop light spirited driving in the city. So, this is a huge difference. I also am coming from a 620 rwhp mustang cobra with a 21 lb whipple supercharged motor and i still got 300 miles per fill up. So, this is scary compared to my prior experience.

When I actually tried to get better MPG and I drove in D for a full tank, never going higher than 2900 rpm, I kid you not for the entire tank. I managed about 11.6 MPG with ZERO spirited accelerations at all. Seeing how the regular 50i is rated at 14 MPG conservative and the X6 is rated at 13 MPG, I am assuming the 440 hp M Package might drop it to around 13 or so. But 9.6 MPG average over 500 miles is scaring me. Any feedback?

Sorry for the long read fellas.

Dom

PS- forgot to add. If I am driving in D , 8th gear on a highway at 65 mph for around 30 mintues, the MPG goes up to about 24 for pure highway miles. Which I am assuming is great.

Last edited by doms50msport; 11-20-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Advertisement