View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '03 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF-FKR View Post
Holy $hit that was a PIA! On a scale of 1-10, that is a 7. They are back together and the adhesive is drying. They will be re-installed in the morning. I have about 6 hours into the whole project. You really hack up your lights, but its in areas that are not going to be seen. I also found Black adhesive RTV at Autozone for $10. I took a couple of pictures that I think will help explain a little more. I blew out my dremel and it took about 4 cutting blades to get through both lights.

Soapy water doesnt get rid of the haze on the inside. I tried clay bar with spray polish, everything I had in my arsenal. What ended up working the easiest and best was an "all purpose adhesive remover". This applies easily and wipes clean. I took a high speed buffer and polished the outside of the lenses too while they were off. I painted the corner lense (was yellow) black and I removed the tint over the outside of the lenses. I will post finished pics later this week. START THIS PROJECT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING! Buy everything first..
Damn bro congrats on tackling that task.. Can't wait to see how they came out.

'11 328i
'07 Audi A8 (w/ 20,000 miles)
'03 745Li (sold)
'03 Acura TL-S
'02 Infiniti QX4 (sold & new owner totaled it 4 hours later)