View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 06:16 AM
Mullini

Mein Auto: BMW X1 (soon!) and Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325es1988 View Post
South Bay in Torrance.
Did you order that X1? I ask because I live 10-15 minuets from the South Bay BMW dealership, and actually put a deposit on an allocated X1 there in late August, an X1 with only premium package. No signed deal, price to be worked out (at first CA said "X1 is new, we 're at MSRP", but later indicated we'd work on price). But as we waited, it became clearer that we really wanted more on the car. For whatever reason, I had the distinct impression my CA wasn't open to ordering what we wanted. We had some email communication, and finally, just as that X1 hit the port about Sept. 20, we sort of mutually agreed to cancel the "hold" and I got my check back. But I wish I had asked, "Why don't you just offer to order?" Still don't understand what happened there.

Anyhow. So I wound up at Beverly Hills BMW who looked at inventory for about 2 minutes and then got down to ordering. That was 9/22. So lost about four weeks there, if South Bay had been more open to ordering in the first place. But it's cool. Now I get the Holiday Credit.

Haven't had a call yet from BH though!