View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 13 X5 50i M-Performance
Dom, as you might have read in other posts, I'm getting MPGs in the 7s around town, if I'm lucky. But I'm sure my car has an issue, based on the symptoms it's displaying. Black exhaust residue that it's spitting all over my bumper, the gunpowder/sulfur exhaust smell and the fact that the electric cooling fans are always on during city driving trying to cool the car. Have another appointment scheduled with the dealer. The rating on the sticker is the same 14/20 as the non Performance Pak version. I had high performance cars my whole life. High powered small block Chevys in a similar weight car getting gas mileage twice as good. My friend with a 5.0 X6 is getting 13.9 MPGs on the same streets. My neighbor had a 2012 5.0 X6, her mileage is almost twice as good and her tips are clean. It got destroyed in the storm. She just got 5.0 Performance Pak X6 to replace it with. I don't yet know how well/poor its doing. If the performance pak is making the car run rich to get a bit more power, it's certainly not worth it and the drastically decreased mileage is not advertised anywhere. I'm considering contacting an attorney about a class action suit, if my problems are not addressed at the next dealer visit. My third. Already filled a complaint with the NHTSA. I suggest you guys do the same. I love BMW, I went through four HPFP failures in my 535 including one that resulted in a crash and still stuck with them for my next two cars, but the complete lack of responsibility and the responses to my recent complaints are making me reconsider my options.

Here is a link to file a complaint. How else are they going to get the message.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

An acceptable solution to me would be to have the performance pack programing removed and reverted to regular tuning if it will fix the rich running condition and yield better mileage. Naturally with the refund of the purchase price for the Performance Pak.