View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Its how I roll

Mein Auto: 1985 M635csi, 2008 535xit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggramirez View Post
So I bought a 2009 cpo 535 and may I say I couldn't be happier with the sweetest ride ever. I wanted to polish it up a bit with tinting the windows. I shopped around for the best price and lifetime warranty. Going rate in my area was $220, but I found a place for $185 and same lifetime warranty. After the job was done I found that their solution dripped and basically bleached the leather on each of the doors. Needless to say I was furious, but they managed to clean it off. It looked fine upon inspection, but I took it home and found that there was damage to the rear left door. See pics. They have agreed to refund the entire price, but I'm still left with a damaged door. Any tips on how I can fix this myself (the wood panel only)? The leather seems unfixable unless I replace the entire door. Any off the cuff guesses as to how much it would cost to take to the dealer to fix? Any better suggestions?
The first thing you need to know is that very few E60's (or BMW's in general) have leather covered door panels. They are almost always vinyl. A good interior trim shop should be able to repair it like new. The door trim panel covering is available from BMW for about $700.00 for vinyl or about $800.00 if it turns out to be leather. There is some skill involved in this replacement procedure, so you will still probably need a trim shop.

That said, if it were I, my opinion would be have it repaired. Just don't go to the guy with the cheapest price this time!