View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:20 PM
OBDI Junkie

Mein Auto: E36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
I think this is key.

I don't respect many different things people do to their cars when they're both tasteless and copy-cat. I get tired of the argument that every mod deserves respect. If I don't like stretch and poke, I don't have to respect it because it's been done a million times and you're just copying it with off the shelf parts.

But something like this guy, obviously a ton of work went into it, a lot of creativity and different thoughts, even the custom wheels are very unique. While I wouldn't want something like this for my car, the creativity and work that went into it gets mad props from me and it definitely earns respect.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp
I think I came across wrong-- that was my fault for not wording more carefully. I was mainly "ribbing" the guy like a friend would. Taste might not be mine, but I certainly respect the effort, vision, and time. I'd give any of my friends a hard time on something, and they would me. I was just applying the same kind of good-natured bashing online-- and it did not come across right.

My apologies-- I don't want anyone to think I seriously meant there is a "line" or that mod censorship should be real--

In all sincerity-- my bashing was more of a compliment than anything-- even though it's not my taste. Hope that makes sense.