Thread: Z4 Roadster (E85) Auxiliary input adapter?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:02 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
Maybe it is an iPod version issue? My iPod charges when attached to my OEM connector. I have an older iPod Video 30gb.
I was using an iPod nano 5G and that appears to be the problem. When I plug my 5G into the adapter a BMW logo comes up on the display but it also says "Charging is not supported on this device" even though the manual states "Your iPod charges while your vehicle is on."

I tried my old nano 3G and it appears to work fine and charges while it is playing. I seem to remember that they changed the dock connector pin-outs on the nano 5G. I used to have an Yamaha AV receiver with an iPod dock connector and it worked fine with the nano 3G. When I bought the 5G it no longer worked. I bought a newer Onkyo receiver with an iPod dock it works fine with both the 3G and the 5G.

Anyway, problem solved! I just have to use my nano 3G and set it up with the six BMW playlists. Thanks for the other suggestions, I'm glad this solution was easier!
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!