Thread: Individual Trim
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloF30 View Post
Thanks for the input!....anyone in the US have an individual car to confirm this....
I guess you either cannot see or have ignored my signature? I have an Individual 335xi and I am in the US.

Of course I can order replacement parts for any damaged trim on my car. I didn't say the parts can't be ordered at all. You simply need to provide the VIN of the car with the order. If the Vehicle Inquiry Report for the VIN does not identify it as having that Individual equipment, the order is supposed to be rejected. The exact part number alone is not enough; certain Individual parts are ordered by part # + VIN.

Note the "supposed to" above. There is always the possibility of tracking down someone selling take-off parts or someone who manages to circumvent the rules. However if everyone is doing their job, AFAIK you'll be stonewalled.

N47 35' 30.13" E11 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA