View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
I drive very few miles a year (Under 7,000) and mostly city. I travel often, and the car is just parked a lot of the time. I don't like the Panamera. Before this 750i I had a 2007 Lexus LS460 - Which I ended up hating (wind noise, quality issues, horrible Toyota attitude) - so I am unlikely to return to Toyota.

I really like the 750i - but was wondering if to try something else. I can afford the 750i - but if the 5 or the 740 will do why pay more?. I was inquiring in case someone made the move to the 740 or 550/535 and found the "downgrade" unpleasant. I understand there are great deals on the A8, which I like, so I am considering that too.

Thanks for your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF02 View Post
Are you looking to downgrade to something more affordable? Hence the F10 or 740?

Honestly the Panamera looks lovely, but just a horrible value new. Too high a "Porsche tax". I'd go the route one owner on here did and go CPO, the depreciation should cancel out the tax, and put it more in line with its competitors.

As much as I distain Lexus, the new LS looks great in person. They've done some meaningful cosmetic changes that make it look more in line to battle the German luxo-barges.

About 85%+ of my driving is highway, so range is important to me. ~520mi per tank currently isn't bad. I'm keeping an eye on the new Audi A8 diesel, if it can get well into the 7-800 mile range it'll be on my short list when my lease is up.

I'd avoid the S Class, it's on the cusp of being completely redesigned.