View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
RocknDoc

Mein Auto: 2012 F02 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by haastx10 View Post
Just had Stage 3 Dinan installed on my '12 650iC. Had car dyno'd before and after;

Stock: 328 WHP on dyno, 18% loss to wheels calculates to 400 hp stock at the flywheel
Stage 3: 457 WHP on dyno. Calculates to 539 hp at flywheel, with Dinan exhaust

I will post the pull sheets w torque once I get them next week.

Really impressed with the performance on the 650. The lighter weight of the car makes it break traction now with every gear change during wide-open throttle. And the exhaust note is awesome... Not too much but definitely aggressive. There is no throttle lag and drivability is fantastic. This is not cheap HP but you definitely get performance with software and bolt on exhaust! This is how this car should have been set up from the beginning!! And it drives fantastic!

On a side note, I also have a 7 series that previously had stage 2, which had to be reinstalled after dealer erased during software upgrade recently. After the reinstall, I noticed a definite throttle lag, almost a two-step process during light acceleration that wasn't there before. Dinan said that this was due to the vehicle adapting after the complete software reinstall. I never noticed that the first time around however. Now that I installed the stage 3 with exhaust, there is no lag on the 7 whatsoever so I'm not sure that I'm buying the compatibility of stage II with the new BMW software. Unfortunately, I couldn't dyno the 7 as well as it's a long wheelbase, and would not fit on their four-wheel-drive dyne.
So here are the numbers from the Dyno. The legend to the graphs is on the right. I in fact was wrong... the car actually produced 405 WHP Pre, and 457 WHP Post Dinan Stage 3. I understand that these cars are notoriously under rated by BMW. So irregardless of the actual HP, and how much it is influenced by relative humidity and other factors, we are looking at about 50 hp increase and I'm telling you the car drives GREAT! I confirmed the numbers with Dinan and they said it is "Spot on"! That is the bottom line! I have yet to find anybody post actual Dyno numbers of their cars on this site... but there are lots of people out there that talk theory...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	650 PRE DYNO.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	350374   Click image for larger version

Name:	HAAS POST DYNO.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	350375