View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Automotive Monomaniac

Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
Glad Ralph is a car guy and not a bean counter (one of the few back there) perhaps he can turn that new Alfa based Dart into a fire breathing rocket ship with an SRT version. I might actually get one of those -- being a frustrated Alfisti (GTV6) and all. Nice write up on the Viper -- I love that car but it is over the top!
Okay, this is pretty cool... Ralph wrote this in the comments section of my Viper story:

“We had 48 Journalist thru the Viper last week, some drove it harder than others...Mike drove it especially well and was literally tossing it around the autocross and clearly having a good time! Nobody spun out, wrecked a car or even put 4 wheels off ( we had some creative curb slicing). I have been to dozens of Viper event and rides over the years...that has never happened! I also saw drivers pushing the car (more than I normally see from Viper newbees) and speeds getting faster all day. That is what a driver's car is suppose to do...help you find your depth and have some itself to spare. Have a Happy Thanksgiving enthusiast, without you there is no us!” - Ralph Gilles

Like I said, he's great for the brand.

- Mike

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT

Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as West Coast Editor for Autoblog!