View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by haastx10 View Post
So here are the numbers from the Dyno. The legend to the graphs is on the right. I in fact was wrong... the car actually produced 405 WHP Pre, and 457 WHP Post Dinan Stage 3. I understand that these cars are notoriously under rated by BMW. So irregardless of the actual HP, and how much it is influenced by relative humidity and other factors, we are looking at about 50 hp increase and I'm telling you the car drives GREAT! I confirmed the numbers with Dinan and they said it is "Spot on"! That is the bottom line! I have yet to find anybody post actual Dyno numbers of their cars on this site... but there are lots of people out there that talk theory...
Thanks for the plots. Too bad the ordinates aren't scaled the same for a more direct comparison. A 10% increase makes sense for an exhaust and boost increase. I would have thought a little more actually.

If you are referring to my posts as "...talk theory", I think you need to re-read them. My points are not theoretical, they are factual. When I am making assumptions for discussion's sake, I say so. Bottom line is I was right. Both about BMW understating HP and about Dinan not adding 40%. Even my comment about settling for a 10% increase was prophetic.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I am just trying to discuss our cars (a little tech to Southy's fluff, BTW, thanks for the complement). If I did so I apologize. We are on the same team and I am happy for you. I would love to add some HP, but I cannot justify spending 3 or 4 grand on a lease. Good luck and congratulations.