Thread: Budget Stroker
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 BMW 540iA
No a Terminator engine wouldn't be good, it's iron block and will increase weight. In the Terminator sure it's amazing when you slap on a massive Kenne Bell but you really need an aluminum engine if you wanna do a swap. The LS3 is a good option in my opinion but the electronics are a bitch. Plus the traction control won't work anymore I'm sure and the cluster needs work and etc etc etc which discourages anyone because if it's just a matter of the engine sitting in the engine bay it's not even a challenge.

By the way PavelK313 who cares what the LS motor looks like, it's under the hood and if it's making over 500hp who cares. As for the sound they sound very aggressive and savage. Sure it's a different sound but I find the M62 even with the most aggressive pipes to be a little "refined" which is a good thing but for shear brutality it's not the engine of choice.....although neither is the LS. For shear brutality I've only found one car that fits the bill, the Ford GT. That car sounds like a storm with a free flowing exhaust.

Back to topic, this isn't gonna be cheap or easy both ways, LS or M62 but the LS will offer greater performance for the price. Is a 450hp M62 possible? Hell yes! It's just a matter of how much it takes. Hell for the right price VAC will build you a ~600hp M62/S62 race crate motor but again, the price is everything.