View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 05:48 AM

Mein Auto: 320i, X3 and X5
HItch installation no BUS connector

First of all I live in Costa Rica and my car is a Latin America version but maybe someone out there can help me with this, I installed an inivisihitch on my 2013 X5, everything went smooth as directed by manuals, but I found an issue with the CAN BUS connector, according to the OEM harness manual I should find a "BUSS" connector on the right panel where the fuse box is located, well I couldnt, there is no such connector there, I unwrapped all the harness looking for it without results, since I removed both taillights for easy rear bumper removal I found on the left side a connector near the tail light connector which has a perfect connector match with my OEM trailer harness CAN BUS, since CAN BUS is a parallel tipology I decided to move this connector to the right side of the vehicle, this connector has blue/brown/red cables, when I was unwrapping the harness I found that this connector really has only the brown cable going into the main harness, red and blue ends on a female connector just inches away. any thoughts or comments, I did not coded my car yet.
Ads by Google