View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi m sport
they were substituting them when they were on national back order.
this was not done to keep the customer happy,although it did,or because they were aware of the tires being problematic.
it was done only because it had to be done. with no similar sized ls2 tires available, what other option did good year have?

i am not suggesting they no longer have that policy.
i am suggesting not to assume they do.personnally i would be very suprised if they do.
why would they pay to replace 4 from a competitor at retail,when they can replace 1 of their own at cost.

my concern is about damage to inner side walls,that are not clearly visible.
owners are not aware and thus take no action. they can be a potential ticking time bomb.

also because so many are either pressured by the dealership, or just feel its a necessity ,rather then an option to purchase the insurance,are accurate stats being kept on all tires affected?
or are numbers kept artificially low allowing bmw to continue to install them on their cars,long after they have been aware they are a problem?

by bmw choosing to stay with these tires they ,keep selling insurance ,and at an ever increasing price. they obviously see no reason for change.
i have to wonder why good year stays in the game with them? good year has to be taking a hit.
if good year believes their tire is good,then its a bmw issue,wheels? suspension? combination of the two?
in any event bmw is making money selling insurance,and good year is continually paying out for claims.