View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zain1003 View Post
I'm not looking for on track performance. I'm looking for a cruiser that sounds nice and looks nice and has a bit extra power on the highway.

Don't need suspension or an LSD for that. I do have 18 inch rims I just do not like how those 18s look. As I said.. I want a set of black ones unless I can get a good deal on some real rims like bbs's or something.

I really appreciate your input and will absolutely look into that tune. Thanks

Tune'll give you more power, but magnify suspension deficiencies.

If you're looking for a cosmetic redo, maybe I'm not the guy to talk to. FSD's solve the egregious 'pothole explosion' issue afflicting pre-2011 E9x - you'll like that.

LSD puts power to the road in a way that can be felt @ 5 mph, and greatly assists handling.

The rear end of these cars is distant. I'm tellin' ya, money spent on suspension work will flat put a smile on your face, but ain't cheap. Read about M parts, especially sways and rear subframe bushings - here's a good place. Sooner or later, you'll want this stuff.

Suspension mods also enable existing power to be put down efficiently - you may find you don't want a tune if the suspension's fixed, as tunes can make the car somewhat edgy.

Good thing is, extensive mods available, whatever direction you go.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 11-22-2012 at 04:31 PM.