11-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Join Date: Jun 2010
Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
Congratulations on your new car! I just picked up my 335i a few weeks ago and have been thinking about a few mods as well, but don't want to spend too much.
Here are my suggestions:
1. Wheels: (about $1000)
VMR V710 in black staggered 19x9 front and 19x10 rear
There are some other wheels on eBay that look the same, but I am not sure of the quality. They are priced around $595 for a staggered set of four.
2. Tires: ( guessing $650-$1000 check tire rack)
Budget: Hankook V12: very nice tire, good grip, somewhat harsh ride. Will most likely put these on the 335i this summer.
Best: Michelin Pilot Super Sport: superb grip, quiet, firm ride. Have them on The M6.
3. Performance: JB4 and DCI. I will be ordering this soon. Seems to be the best bang for the buck performance wise. ($600)
4. Cosmetic: I don't like much chrome on my BMWs, but if you are running black wheels it has to go.
-black and white roundels ($60)
-paint grill surround black and leave vertical slats chrome - see my signature and paint 335i badge black ($5)
-vinyl wrap chrome window trim and chrome on front bumper ($40)
-tint side markers and orange in headlamps ($20)
Of course if you go with 18's you will use existing tires a d save on wheels. I will let other members comment on exhausts as I do not plan on adding one and have not researched one. Not sure how a muffler delete sounds on this car, but you will be limited on both wheels and exhaust with a $2000 budget.
2008 E63 M6
- Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i
- Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package
Member: BMWCCA #471614