View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X6M
Please don't.

I am one of the enthusiasts that hates when I see this. I've even got my wife noticing it now on Beemers and Benzes! The M badge should only be on an M model, with the exception of the new M Performance cars like the X6 M50d which aren't available in the states at this time. Even those get debated, but they come from the factory that way and M is part of their name.

Nowhere in an X6 35i or 50i is there an M in the model designation. The M performance package is essentially a sport package. With the X6, you don't even get the same body kit that the X6M comes with, unlike the 5 and 6 series which share a lot more in their M Sport version body kits to their M counterparts.

I've been driving an SLK300 with an AMG sport package for 3.5 years, it came with the same body kit and wheels as the SLK55 AMG. I would never be caught dead with an AMG badge on it, although I've seen plenty of people do it.

As others have said, you won't fool an enthusiast and a non-enthusiast doesn't know the difference. The way I see it, that's the downside, and the only upside is what? You feel good that you have an M Sport package? I don't get it.

It would be interesting to see your response to previous posts which have inquired about your reasoning for wanting to do this.

Anyway I say don't do it.

I might be biased though, as I just put in my order for a 2013 X6 ///M this morning