View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to jdeday
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by motifrs View Post
Hi,

I had a SES light came on last week. I went to the dealer they told me it was the false of the DMTL, further diagnosis a smoke test which costs $330 is required. I just let them erase the code on that day. But it came back on after 3 days.

I understand the DMTL pump runs a kind of purge gas to detect the evaporative emission sytem leak. Even a very slight vapor leakage will cause the circuit change. Is there any possilbe that there is no physical leakage of the tank (fuel system) but the pump itself is broken. Should I ask them to test the pump first? Running a smoke test over the fuel system sounds like a big project.

Any suggestion are highly appreciated!!
Did you get your problem resolved?

I recently had an SES light and my DMTL pump replaced. After a day and 500 miles the light has returned.
2005 X3 3.0, Mystic Blue Metallic, Sand Beige Leather Interior, Birch Grain Light Wood Trim, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Satellite Radio Prep, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Heated Steering Wheel, Premium Sound, Power Folding Mirrors and NAVIGATION RETROFIT