View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger74 View Post
This has actually been discussed many times. Apple does not want emails to be accessed, only SMS. However there is a bug in which email can be displayed under SMS not E-mails. Each time you start the car, let the phone pair with the car, then on the iphone go into Settings--Notifications--Mail--Show, then change the number of unread items to something else. If 5 Unread is checked, then change to 10 unread Items, or vice versa. This has to be done everytime you start the car up. As I said, its a bug in the system, and will probably not work in future iOS versions.
Thank you so much my fellow Bimmerfester, by changing the number of unread items each time on the iPhone the e-mails are now coming through. It's a pain in the rear but with a 90-minute drive each day it helps to get through some e-mails. I am hoping BMW will update its software shortly to fix the bug. My Blackberry never had such problems.

Thanks again and happy holidays.
BMW CCA member. 2012 550i M Sports, Carbon Black/Cinnamon Brown leather/Aluminum Hexagon trim/ZLS. Dinan springs, Xpel paint protect film, Llumar tint. Retired: 2009 535i, 2006 530i, 2003 X5, 1998 318i