Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - no electricity to fuel pump
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 03:33 AM
robertobaggio20 robertobaggio20 is offline
Location: earth
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,403
Mein Auto: car

The problem could have just been the main dme relay all along. Please double check that before buying a dme. Put your car's dme in there with your brother's main relay and see if it starts.

You know what ? Buy the dme anyway. Its good to have a spare, its only around $70 shipped, and you can sell it off years later for the same price or slightly higher. I usually recommend that anyway.

Well, whether its the main dme relay or the dme itself, you've encountered a really rare no-start issue. Less than 10% of all the no-starts that we see here. You've beaten the wrong kind of odds here. My strong recommendation would be to swop out the fuel pump, fuel pump relay and crankshaft position sensor. Those will take care of the other 90%.


Last edited by robertobaggio20; 11-24-2012 at 03:35 AM.
Reply With Quote