View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: MB CLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MORLAP View Post
Unless you enjoy a museum of anything on every corner, like museum of chocolate and stuck up, stiff, cold, unhappy people then skip Austria, especially Vienna.
As someone 50% Austrian, I have to take issue with your unusual take on the Austrian people! Sorry you got a culture shock, but we enjoy museums and have centuries and centuries of history to preserve. As for unhappy people - out of 124 countries, Austria was recently judged by the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...y.html#photo=3) to have the 13th happiest population out of 135 countries. To judge all Austrians the same way as the Viennese, where, agreed, there are lots of stuck-up, stiff and cold people, is equally wrong as judging all Americans as if they are all New Yorkers (and apologies to all New Yorkers, for I have found them to be wonderfully polite people, contrary to the popular belief). I dont know what caused you to have your viewpoint, but my guess is that you didn't venture off the tourist track.

Winter Tire Rentals Munich, Germany
Vacation Property Rentals

Last edited by john lance; 11-24-2012 at 11:21 AM.