View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 01:24 PM

Mein Auto: 530i
Update

All,

Thank you so much for the replies. So, I yanked of gear knob and was also able to get in hole by cigarette lighter. It took awhile and some patience, but I removed a good amoun of change. As I went through the process, I found a dime that looked like it had better days, a bit chewed up and bent. I got all of the change out and closed up. Started the far, and viola, message gone. Lucky,maybe, but who knows what that wedged in dime was doing.

Seems like all good now. I will update if it returns. Leaves me with a follow up. My car had 101,820 on it. I would like to get another 40000 put of it if I could. It sounds like from what I have read that a tranny fluid change is now recommended by many. I currently experience no transmission issues at all. Is the generally accepted practice now to do this regardless? Am I to late to the game or better to ride it out already at 100k?

Your opinions are most valued. Not sure if I would try to tackle this myself or work with my Indy to try and arrange a fair price.

Again, I very much appreciate the previous replies to my post. I wouldn't have had the nerve to rip up the shifter if I did not feel comfortable. I can't believe it worked.

Paul