View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 04:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X1 x28i; 128i; S2000
We have a 335i (N54 twin turbo) and a 128i (inline 6). We are expecting our first child and decided to get a more practical vehicle. My parents also have a F30 328i so I knew the new 28i vehicles are much more capable. My wife loves her 128i and we both feel the 335i is really too much power for us (enough to get into trouble).

The plan was originally to get a Range Rover Evoque. However, after reading reviews about our local Land Rover service departments and maintenance costs we couldn't leave BMW. The X3 was our next choice until we drove the X1. The X3 was truck like in comparison. The X1 had the same driving feel we were used to, my wife even preffered the xDrive without servotronic. Also, we didn't need all of the extra gadgets that were added to the F30 and new X3 (the power lift gate would have been nice, but no biggie).

We now have a 28i M Sport with Ultimate and Lighting on order. I only regret that they now restrict interior/exterior color options based on what line you order. They never used to do this and I'm not sure why a switch was made.