View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen View Post
My statement means, that my little girly car with 500hp would slay your 911 in terms of speed as much as your 911 kills it with it's sensory feedback and handling.

I grew up with 911's, my first job as a kid was pro detailer for a Porsche retailer. I get to speak from experience, not hyperbole.

My argument is not that you are older. It's when you bring the "My 911..." argument to the table. Unfortunately it brings with it the stereotypes of age with a 911. I do not own a 911 at my age, and you did not and would not either.

You do not know what my league is. I may be younger than you, but I have serious automotive credentials and do not make it a habit of speaking about things I do not know about. This is something I am wondering you may not have mastered in your more advanced stage in life than myself.

Please do not think I am offended or lashing out or anything, I am just having a bit of fun exposing/noticing weak points in your statements.
You're right that I would have never owned a 911 when I was younger because I didn't like the stereotype who drove them. I wish now that I did as I probably would not have gone through so many cars trying to find the one that really feels right. After having the ZO6, I've learned that there can be too much power and that balance is what makes for a most enjoyable driving experience. No doubt like to have found with your M Roadster.