View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 328i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts335 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with these two tires? I'm talking specifically about the 225/45/17 size.

I had the conti's on my car orginally, but traded wheels after about 12,000 miles. The new wheels came with Turenzas which have now worn so unevenly they have to be replaced. I definitely liked the conti's better than the Turenzas. Had no issues with the conti's in terms of performance. Obviously they took the bumps hard, but weren't too bad.

I understand the "ultra high performance" RE960AS tires would perform better, but that's not my main concern. I'm equally, if not more concerned about the ride quality. These new 3G tires are supposed to ride more like a regular tire.

I've read conflicting reports. Some say the conti's are quieter and softer ride, while others say the opposite.

Has anyone gone from the conti's to the 3G potenzas?

Thanks for any help and input. I'll probably get the potenza's anyway just to try
Any chance you made the switch to the RE960AS tires?

I'm looking for some real world comparisons on on the difference between the Conti's and those. To me the Conti's are not a viable option if you live in an area with rough roads, at least not for me. Not really wanting to abandon the RFT's as my 328 doesn't have enough storage space as it is due to the lack of a fold down rear seat.