View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
The guy did have some off beat comments, but you picked three things that showed you are really off yourself.

First, he intentionally switched the names of the two headquarters to joke about BMW and MB shamelessly copy each other's infotainment system designs.

Secondly, and this is the fault of all reviews regarding the Cadillac CUE. They did not realize there are buttons on the steering wheels, more importantly, the ATS has the most robust voice command system of all three. The CUE is designed to not have to use the touch screen, rather the steering wheel and voice, while you drive. It is of course GM's own fault not to emphasize such safety approach enough. Having said that, it is a wholesale change of the operation of the infotainment system, resistance is expected.

Thirdly, he is not the only one who has said the ATS has the edge in handling in this segment. In fact most reviewers agreed on the ATS being the best handling in the segment.
Ill possibly give you points one and two. If he was joking, it was hard to tell.

The fact Mr. Lieberman didn't realize the controls were on the wheel and/or voice command underlines my point about his incompetence, no? So why does it make him an expert on vehicle dynamics if he can't be bothered to read the owners manual?

But yes I agree a recent C&D review I read stated the ATS handling was superior to the F30. They also trashed Cue IIRC.

Great points though.

- J.C. Watts Jr.