View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i X
Quote:
Originally Posted by av98 View Post
Sadly, every sales person I drove with for any BMW test drive do confirm that potential buyers are more concerned about rear view cameras and the features of the NAV vs how the car drives. Guess that's what sells and is shaping BMW, sadly we will all be driving Lexus type cars in the future...

Aaaiiieeeeee!!! Not a Lexus!! Please say it ain't so!!!!!!

My contribution to the conversation is that there's a huge difference between the ride of my 325 and the new car. I loved the first one simply because I was all about the drive and less about having a fancy dashboard. The ride was low to the ground, sporty, nimble and a blast to drive. I never bought it because I wanted a luxury car.

The new one is a huge step up in terms of comfort but I still wouldn't call it a luxury car. Yes, the steering is softer. It's slightly longer and wider and sits an inch or two higher but I'm still thinking about what the performance on the road is going to be vs: having every possible creature comfort inside.

I have to agree with what BJ said. They are building cars to appeal to their customer base.
They know what they are doing.
1994 - Present Jeeps