View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post
Ill possibly give you points one and two. If he was joking, it was hard to tell.

The fact Mr. Lieberman didn't realize the controls were on the wheel and/or voice command underlines my point about his incompetence, no? So why does it make him an expert on vehicle dynamics if he can't be bothered to read the owners manual?

But yes I agree a recent C&D review I read stated the ATS handling was superior to the F30. They also trashed Cue IIRC.

Great points though.
If you want to discredit him for not knowing how to use CUE, you have to discredit all reviewers, including those of C&D and CR.

A lot of people like MT reviewer Carlos' opinions. Some pointed out how he totally loved the new F30 335i when he reviewed it solo, calling it the perfect handling car in the segment.

In a later comparo between the F30 335i and 2013 S4 however, he put the S4 quite above the 335i. The fact is, people want to hear what they like to hear.

You will not like how the ATS drives, if you already don't like Caddy as a brand. Or if you drive like BJ, never goes above speed limit, don't see how one can push his car into or out of corners on public roads, you will never be able to tell the difference in driving dynamics among the 3, C, A or ATS. But if you like to take your car out on the twisties, push it as much as you can when there is no traffic around, then you can quickly tell the differences among those cars and their emphases.

Bottom line, we all see our daily driving in traffic as a burden, we all want to find things in our cars to ease such burden. Some find nice sound systems the key to make the driving more tolerable, some see comfortable leather and soft suspension as the cure, others like to take a detour every day and blast the car through twisties to forget about the dreary commute. Yet some pick what they think is the best looking car with the most pleasing colors inside and out to compensate. Of course some drive by the badge and the badge alone makes them forget all the daily stress.

Each of the above drivers will walk away with very different views about the same cars.

Last edited by dtc100; 11-25-2012 at 09:52 AM.