View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
You didn't get my point. You can't compare your modified car to his stock car. I don't care how old it is or how hard it is to work on it's engine. If you're trying to make a point, compare apples to apples, not oranges. No matter how hard it is, once he modifies his car, you stand no chance. Thus, your point is moot. I can slap a VF- 625 supercharger onto e92 M3 and leave you in my wake. Common sense tells us that, usually a car that has been modified will usually beat a stock car. There are people with 1000+ HP Supra's and NSX's that have the ability to kill Lambo's and Ferrari's.
I agree and thanks for pointing this out. I used to read these arguments over at the Corvette Forum where owners of base Corvettes would say they could beat a ZO6 if only they added a blower or turbos and a race cam. etc. The problem with this logic, is that once you modify, it is no longer a stock model that can be compared.

Anyone can modify their cars if they have the money and time to do so. IMO however, those modifications usually end up ruining the balance of the car as the design engineers originally put together.

There was one regular poster at CF that I really admired. He bought a new '06 ZO6 and still regularly races it without any modifications whatsoever except for track tires. He set out to develop his racing skills as measured by other stock ZO6s, and has since set all-time ZO6 track records in his car.

Last edited by beden1; 11-25-2012 at 11:55 AM.