View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
I agree and thanks for pointing this out. I used to read these arguments over at the Corvette Forum where owners of base Corvettes would say they could beat a ZO6 if only they added a blower or turbos and a race cam. etc. The problem with this logic, is that once you modify, it is no longer a stock model that can be compared.

Anyone can modify their cars if they have the money and time to do so. IMO however, those modifications usually end up ruining the balance of the car as the design engineers originally put together.

There was one regular poster at CF that I really admired. He bought a new '06 ZO6 and still regularly races it without any modifications whatsoever except for track tires. He set out to develop his racing skills as measured by other stock ZO6s, and has since set all-time ZO6 track records in his car.
You miss the point.

Its all a silly argument. You say my cars girly. That's kind of funny. My highly modified car is kind of funny.

My point is everyone wants to play up their cars while dissing someone else's. In the end there is always someone else there to one up.

I had fun calling out people who have not even driven some of the cars they ridicule.

E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: 6mt, for sale 9/14

'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt TUNED