View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
We are in Florida until Christmas. Ms. Audio's Jaguar came off lease and we returned it 2 weeks ago. I will miss that car but probably will not replace it as we don't really need to keep a car in Florida car anymore.

We are in Melbourne today in a Hertz Mercedes C Class. I am parked next to an F30 Luxury Line (I think it's a Luxury). The BMW and the MB are the two nicest cars parked on the main street and are surrounded by Toyotas, Hondas, Hyundais, Fords, etc. I have been sitting on a bench across the street from where we are parked and with the exception of me nobody has paid any attention to the F30 or the Mercedes.

Hertz had a Mercedes C63 AMG rental when I picked up my car. I inquired about it but it would have been close to $9,000 to rent it for a month so I passed. FWIW I like the C 250 but it does not drive as well as my 335i and I assume it does not drive as well as an F30 based on the fact that the vast majority of posters here who have driven both prefer the F30.
You should have rented a Corvette. I used to take my ZO6 to Stuart and up through Melbourne and would get people waving and giving me the thumbs up everywhere I went. Those areas are largely populated by fans of US performance cars.