View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen View Post
Regarding steering heft.

There is nothing WRONG with the E series heft. There is nothing WRONG with the F30 heft.

I did find the E heavy for heavies sake. You know, kind of like when you shake a guys hand who goes overboard and it's way too firm of a hand shake. It just winds up being more than is needed to get the point across.

So there are plenty of people who can camp for it being great and others that will find it a turn off.

I find in Sport and Sport + both heft and feedback are fine. Not as much of both when compared to my E36, but still fine and better than most cars out there.
Yes, I meant to mention that. Excepting Porsche type "semi-exotics" BMW steering is miles and miles and miles beyond the steering of virtually any other auto maker.

One other comment regarding the topic of this thread, having driven the F30 3er and the current C Class there are only two reasons one could possibly describe the C Class as having better driving dynamics and characteristics, in any way, than a 3er. The person would either have to be under the influence of crack or have a purposeful, biased bone to pick with the 3er. The C Class simply does not handle or drive as well as the 3er. Period. This reviewer's statement to the contrary eliminates his credibility.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **