View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X1, 2012 Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mismaloya View Post
Hot rod- what type of issues are you having?
First the TPM System malfunctioned. Even after the faulty module was replaced, it still wouldn't reset with the sensors I purchased from Tire Rack with my winter wheels and tires. I had to pay parts and labor to have the Tire Rack sensors replaced with far more expensive OEM units even though the frequencies were the same.

The real problem occurred when I had the ASS (has there ever been a more appropriate acronym?) reprogrammed to default to last setting while the TPM issue was being diagnosed. The process wiped my sat radio, which I didn't discover until the trip home. The dealer tried unsuccessfully for the better part of a week to download and install the fix from BMW. It appears BMW was finally able to dial in to rebuild the programming directly, and I should be picking up the car tomorrow. I was warned that if the dealer attempts any software updates before the permanent fix is available, it will once again wipe the SiriusXM. At least I had a loaner for my holiday traveling (528i xDrive), which proved to be an ideal road trip machine.

2014 Touareg TDI R Line
2012 Q5 2.0T
2002 RSX