Thread: S54 Swap
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: what ever starts
Finished up the rear and filled the dif with juice and took the car out for a test run. Yup! Gave the bottom end of the engine another bath in brake cleaner in anticipation of next weekend's bearing job in Florida. Since I was at it I could not resist bolting up the headers to see how they looked. I think they look... well you judge for yourself.

I also found a small crack in the end of the short header. I don't know if this was done while in use, welding or tearing the car these came from apart. I have a welder down the street who can fill thins in without too much effort.

Not sure what to do with the exhaust from the header back. Bimmerworld sells a pipe that ties these into the e36 exhaust.

My other option is the number 1 section from an e46 M3. I am thinking that this would work as it would hook right up to the headers and flow back in the tunnel as on the e46 and it is much cheaper that the pipe from BW.

Just bought the section one for $65 on ebay. Back from Florida next Monday night and I can start pulling the old engine. Almost as good as Christmas except I know what's in all the boxes and I'm shelling the $$.