View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Are you kidding?! The only people who even know there is a new CTS a year away are CTS enthusiasts who hang out on CTS forums, just like the only people who knew a new 3er was coming were the people here, that is an infinitesimally small segment of the market. Even now people show up on Bimmerfest every who don't realize the F30 is brand new or that the E92/93 are the out going models.
I never thought to kid you, you don't appear someone who I should kid with

GM sold 1,260 ATSs in the first full month of sales last month, according to their own data, over 70% of those were first time Caddy buyers, that leaves less than 378 repeat Caddy buyers. Even if we assume 378 of them were ex-CTS drivers, that number would still not have caused the CTS sales to "nosedive" from its usual 5,000+ sales down to 2,000+ sales.

The ATS sales will have to be in the 5,000+ (and assume 70% continues to be first time Caddy buyers), and the CTS sales continues to drop by 2,000+, for me to agree ATS is eating into CTS's sales. Now future sales numbers might point to that direction, but I am doubtful.

Let's first see how many ATSs they can really sell in the future months, before we draw any correlation.