View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
I never thought to kid you, you don't appear someone who I should kid with

GM sold 1,260 ATSs in the first full month of sales last month, according to their own data, over 70% of those were first time Caddy buyers, that leaves less than 378 repeat Caddy buyers. Even if we assume 378 of them were ex-CTS drivers, that number would still not have caused the CTS sales to "nosedive" from its usual 5,000+ sales down to 2,000+ sales.

The ATS sales will have to be in the 5,000+ (and assume 70% continues to be first time Caddy buyers), and the CTS sales continues to drop by 2,000+, for me to agree ATS is eating into CTS's sales. Now future sales numbers might point to that direction, but I am doubtful.

Let's first see how many ATSs they can really sell in the future months, before we draw any correlation.
I won't disagree, but it just as unlikely that 3,000 would-be CTS buyers didn't buy a CTS because they are waiting on the new CTS. I doubt 10% of the population considering a CTS over the coming year is aware there is a new model coming in 2014.

Then and Than are different words and they are not interchangeable.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 11-25-2012 at 10:00 PM.